Helping the Scottish Government achieve growth, internationalising and re-balancing the Scottish economy.
What is FTA campaigning for?
- Improve the resilience of key transport infrastructure, such as the Forth Road Crossing
- Develop key road trade routes including M8/M80/M74, A9, A96, Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route, A1 to English border and A82
- Facilitate mode shift away from road by investment in the East Coast Main Line Scottish Central Belt Gauge
- Support out-of-hours deliveries, with benefits for congestion, safety and the environment
- Increase the availability of alternative fuel infrastructure for lorries
- Safety – work with road users (including freight operators) to continue to reduce the number of fatal/serious accidents on the roads
- Secure the quality of the Scottish international supply chain through English as well as Scottish gateway ports and airports
- Lorry parking – plug the gaps in provision by encouraging investment into safe and secure parking facilities across the road network
- Logistics skills shortage – work to help fill vital vacancies and promote careers in logistics
- Introduce Low Emissions Zones (LEZs) only as strictly needed and avoiding significant economic disruption
Find out more
Scottish Parliament Elections 2016: A Freight Manifesto for Scotland
Economic Growth in Scottish Cities
Contact Chris MacRae, Head of Policy (Rail Freight and Scotland)