Commercial Vehicle Fleet Management Certificate and Diploma (Level 3)
FTA’s Commercial Vehicle Fleet Management qualification, developed in partnership with industry and leading awarding organisation City & Guilds, provides a continual professional development framework for fleet management professionals.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be able to demonstrate the required knowledge and experience to manage commercial fleets effectively.
Who should attend?
Those employed in a supervisory or first line management role looking to progress in the logistics industry.
Existing managers with fleet management responsibilities and no formal qualification who wish to demonstrate effective management and compliance skills.
- Transport managers
- Transport supervisors
- Senior traffic office administrators
Benefits of attending
- Nationally recognised stairway of professional development
- Gain effective management skills – learn to motivate and engage transport teams and manage relationships confidently
- Become a sector specialist
- Demonstrate industry knowledge and compliance standards
- Increase confidence and enhance career development opportunities
- National qualification that supports essential job roles in transport and logistics
- Developed with employers to cover key knowledge and skills required of fleet managers
- Includes essential disciplines of performance management, procurement practices, contract management and project management
- Customise to suit your transport operation and extendable to cover any changes in the business
- Recognises achievements of individual team members and retention in key operational job roles
- Set to become recognised by employers across the transport sector, avoiding duplicative training
There are two routes to FMQ.
Route 1 – CPC holders
- Holders of the Level 3 Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification
- This route gives the opportunity to achieve the FMQ Certificate or Diploma
Route 2 – Non-CPC holders
- Attend the Introduction to Road Transport Operations course
- This route gives the opportunity to achieve the FMQ Certificate only
FMQ offers flexible learning opportunities, the standard delivery model being distance learning. Candidates have access to comprehensive course workbooks and a personal online e-portfolio. Dedicated tutors will advise with learning plans and help to guide and mentor candidates through to each unit’s summative assessment.
There is no set timeline to complete the certificate or diploma.
- Level 3 Certificate: approximately 6–9 months to complete
- Level 3 Diploma: approximately 12–15 months to complete
Learning plans can be fast-tracked to complete the qualification earlier.
Route 1 (CPC Holder)
- Certificate: Members £1,377 + VAT / Non-members £1,721.25 + VAT
- Diploma: Members £1,477 + VAT / Non-members £1,846.25 + VAT
Route 2 (non-CPC Holder)
- Certificate: Members £1,377 + VAT / Non-members £1,846.25 + VAT
Additional cost: Introduction to Road Transport Operations course.
Individual funding may be available – contact FTA Qualification Centre at email@example.com for further information.