The Vehicle calendar is designed to show you information about a specific vehicle in more detail. You can access it from the Manage my vehicles screen by clicking on the icon adjacent to the Vehicle profile icon.
The calendar displays a 4 week period showing the fortnight you had in your search as the second and third weeks.
If you need to add or edit details of a vehicle just click on the vehicle registration and the vehicle profile will open. Edit or add details and save as normal.
To return to the calendar click on the View calendar button.
Detail and Assign button
The Detail and Assign buttons are also found in the Manage my vehicles screen and are used in a similar way as described earlier in the Help menu
Options to add information will only be for the vehicle you have selected.
Get file button
Click on this button to see the raw data files for the vehicle selected. The files will include the data for the dates selected in the calendar.
Double clicking the file will open up the raw data in the Tacho file viewer.
Clicking here will produce a PDF report for
- Harsh braking report - displays harsh braking events for that vehicle for the four week period that includes the date selected on the detail page. Harsh braking is defined as periods containing a drop in speed of 24KPH or more in 3 seconds.
Each time you view the Vehicle calendar you will see a summary at the top of the page detailing the following:
- Last VU upload to FTA
- VU Last download
- Summary of all activities in the shift, or day/s or week/s selected
- List of all the drivers using the vehicle in the shift, or day/s or week/s selected. Clicking on the drivers name will link you through to the driver calendar
Selection of days
You can select the days or shifts you want to view in the summary or add data to in several ways:
- By clicking on a single day
- By CTRL clicking on consecutive days
- By using the select week check box on the left hand side of the week.
- By using the select all weeks check box at the top left hand side of the screen. This option will select all 4 weeks in view.
Icons and Tooltips
The Vehicle calendar displays coloured blocks of activity on the dates they took place.
When you hover over an activity a tooltip will show the type of activity and the start and end time of that activity.
The upload icon is displayed on the date that the upload to FTA took place. A tooltip gives the time at which the upload took place.
The speed icon is displayed on any date where there is speed data available to view. Selecting the icon will take you to the detailed speed screen.
Harsh braking icon
The harsh braking icon is displayed on any dates where harsh braking events have taken place. These are defined as periods containing a drop in speed of 24KPH or more in 3 seconds or less. Selecting the icon will take you to the specifics of the event described in the Detailscreen. When you hover over the icon a tooltip will display the number of harsh braking events that have taken place.
When a comment is added to an entry this will be displayed as an icon on the date to which the comment was added. A tooltip will show what the comment says.
Need more information?
If you are an FTA member and have a query regarding this topic, or need more information, contact our Member Advice Centre
Member Advice Centre