FTA Logistics Awards return with top celebrity host
Monday 13 August 2018
Dara O’Briain, one of the best-known faces on British and Irish TV, is set to host the 2018 FTA Logistics Awards, which will be held at London’s Royal Lancaster Hotel on 13 December 2018. The host of hugely successful tv shows including Mock the Week, Star Gazing Live and Robot Wars, O’Briain will be bringing his unique sense of humour to the evening for an exclusive performance, as well as presenting the 2018 awards.
The awards, now in their second year, celebrate the companies and individuals which have demonstrated industry leadership and excellence, relating to a specific initiative or ongoing project across all areas of their business. And, as David Wells, Chief Executive of FTA explains, as the 2017 winners evidenced, those which are successful this year will have generated exceptional results and impact, and will be innovators in their class:
“The FTA’s Logistics Awards recognise the very best that the sector has to offer, and we are thrilled that Dara – who is at the top of his game right now – has agreed to entertain our guests and present the awards on such a glittering night,” said David Wells, Chief Executive of FTA. “As well as providing the perfect opportunity to celebrate the achievements of one of Britain’s most vital business sector’s, Dara’s involvement is sure to make it an unforgettable occasion.
“Logistics is the ‘unsung hero’ of British industry, employing more than 2.5 million people nationwide and having an impact on every one of our daily lives,” Wells continues. “These awards are truly the blue riband event of such an important sector, and as one of the nation’s most important business organisations, FTA is delighted to have secured the services of such an acclaimed entertainer to host this prestigious evening. Whether nominated for an award, or simply celebrating a successful year or the festive season, this year’s event promises to be a glittering way for the logistics sector to celebrate all its efforts in 2018.”
O’Brian started his career in childrens’ television as a presenter, and rapidly added award-winning stand-up comedian, panel show participant, best-selling author and production company owner to his CV. He is one of the few performers to host successful comedy shows in both the UK and Ireland at the same time, and is currently touring the UK with his latest sell out stand up presentation, Voice of Reason.
Nominations are now open in the following categories, from which FTA’s Independent Board will select winners:
- Road Freight Operator of the Year
- Rail Freight Operator of the Year
- Air Cargo Operator of the Year
- Sea Freight Operator of the Year
- Retail Shipper of the Year (for retailers or their logistics partner)
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year (for manufacturers or their logistics partner)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Diversity
- Logistics Partner of the Year (open to entries from consultants, recruitment, technology, publishers, services)
- Most Innovative Product of the Year (open to all)
- Most Innovative Company of the Year
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services or Public Services (for infrastructure maintenance companies, utilities and highways authorities OR/ AND emergency services, local authorities, NHS Trusts and outsourced service providers)
- FTA Lifetime Achievement Award (selected by the FTA Board)
For more information on the criteria for each award, and the application process, please visit https://fta.co.uk/logistics18 Nominations close on 7 September 2018, with the shortlist to be announced on 28 September 2018.