Book now for FTA’s Northern Ireland Conference – or miss out!
Thursday 17 May 2018
There’s just a week to go until the Freight Transport Association (FTA)’s Transport Manager Northern Ireland Conference, sponsored by Iveco, which takes place on Thursday 24 May at the Culloden Estate and Spa, Belfast, and with so much changing in the world of logistics, FTA is urging anyone wishing to attend to book now or be disappointed, as places are selling fast.
The conference, which is also sponsored by Brigade Electronics, will give fleet operators access to all the very latest information, guidance and best practice advice on legislation and enforcement changes in road transport operations.
Delegates will hear from John McGrath, Deputy Secretary Transport and Resources at the Department for Infrastructure on infrastructure and Brexit-related issues, and there will be a unique opportunity to hear from Kathleen Callanan, Head of Enforcement at the Road Safety Authority in the Republic of Ireland, on what to expect in terms of enforcement when operating vehicles south of the border.
Other sessions include:
- An essential legislative round-up and technical update;
- Using vehicles as a weapon – preventing vehicle use in terrorism activity with Mark Welshman of Police Service Northern Ireland;
- City centre truck restrictions and the manufacturer’s perspective with FTA’s Natalie Chapman and Martin Flach of Iveco;
- Apprenticeship Levy – one year on with FTA’s Head of Skills Campaigns, Sally Gilson
- Van Excellence – Why and How? with FTA’s Head of Vans, Mark Cartwright
- An interactive session with the FTA Member Advice Centre, highlighting the most common and more obscure issues the MAC helps members with.
Seamus Leheny, FTA’s Policy Manager for Northern Ireland, said: “We have an exciting line-up for Transport Manager Northern Ireland this year and it promises to be an informative and stimulating day. I encourage anyone who has yet to book to do so as soon as possible as places are selling fast.”
The cost for attending Transport Manager Northern Ireland is £265 plus VAT for the first delegate and £225 plus VAT for subsequent delegates for FTA members; for non-FTA members it is £300 plus VAT for the first delegate and £285 plus VAT for subsequent delegates.
For further information or to book a place go to FTA Events or call FTA Member Services on 03717 11 22 22.
Efficient logistics is vital to keep Britain trading, directly having an impact on more than seven million people employed in the making, selling and moving of goods. With Brexit, new technology and other disruptive forces driving change in the way goods move across borders and through the supply chain, logistics has never been more important to UK plc. A champion and challenger, FTA speaks to Government with one voice on behalf of the whole sector, with members from the road, rail, sea and air industries, as well as the buyers of freight services such as retailers and manufacturers.