Freight by Water Membership
Who is this membership for?
Freight by Water is a membership body that requires support to continue its work of promoting water freight. Many major ports, shipping lines and water freight operators are in membership, along with key users who want to support the work.
Why join Freight by Water?
Support sustainable logistics
By joining, companies and organisations would be supporting the future development of water freight and demonstrating their commitment to improving the quality and sustainability of the UK's supply chain.
Influence the future of water freight
The Freight by Water Working Group enables members to actively get involved in shaping the work that we do in this area. We act as a forum for users and operators to come together to address industry issues, and make representations to authorities on behalf of the industry.
Gain information, advice and network within the water freight industry
Whether you are already utilising water in your logistics operation or thinking about using alternative modes, we have information and support available for our members including:
- Access to exclusive areas of our website for information and advice
- Regular Freight by Water email news bulletins
- Access to FTA’s regional policy representatives across the UK and Brussels
- Events – the chance to shape the events that Freight by Water hold, get priority in speaking at these events and preferential terms for delegates
- Use of the Freight by Water logo on your website and corporate stationery
Find out more
Contact us to discuss this membership and other options available to you. Take a look at how our policy team are campaigning to grow our inland waterways
We have managed to reduce costs with shipping lines. Road transport is expensive and, with the fuel costs going up, will become more so