Vehicle Operator Membership
Who is this membership for?
Vehicle Operator Membership is for all organisations that operate their own goods vehicles. Whether you have just one HGV, a fleet of vans or a multi-national mixed fleet, this membership is for you.
What benefits will you gain from joining?
Membership is designed to unlock access to a range of information, support, products and services to ensure that you are connected to the industry, compliant with governing regulations and confident in the efficiency and success of your transport function. Benefits include:
Our position at the forefront of the logistics industry and policy formation ensures we can quickly pass on accurate and up-to-date information and advice via numerous channels such as:
Influence and Representation
Our Freight Councils offer members the opportunity to get actively involved in influencing FTA’s policy agenda. There are Regional and National Councils that cover issues affecting road, rail, sea and the wider supply chain and we have a key presence in the UK and Europe.
Operational and Business Support
FTA members get exclusive savings and typically pay 40 per cent less than non-members across a range of our products and services including our Shop, vehicle inspections, tachograph services, training courses, events and more.
In addition to great savings are a range of services that are exclusive to FTA members. These include:
- Use of the FTA member logo and vehicle stickers - use our member logo on your stationary and website
- Model Conditions of Carriage and Storage - endorsed by the insurance industry and reflecting the commercial interests of both the carrier and customer
- Fuel Price Information - receive advice from top industry experts and ensure you are saving on fuel purchases
- Vehicle Recovery - operated by the AA, FTA Recovery is a cost effective ‘pay as you go’ vehicle recovery service
- Fuel Card - benefit from extensive cost savings of up to 10p per litre, fixed diesel prices, and peace of mind knowing you are in control of your fleet
- Driver Licence Checking - minimise the hassle and risk associated with checking whether your drivers are safe and legally compliant to operate your vehicles
- Online Supplier Directory - the ideal place to advertise your products and services, our directory puts your business at the fingertips of over 25,000 potential buyers
- In addition to great savings is the Manager's Guide to Distribution Costs - This annual guide lets you effectively monitor your transport costs using expert advice and quarterly updates on wages trends, vehicle operating costs and haulage rate trends, as well as forecasts and information on warehouse costs and how to manage fuel costs. Add this additional benefit (£200).