2011 road transport law guide now available from FTA
Monday 10 January 2011
With road transport law constantly changing, the Freight Transport Association’s essential guide to road transport law, which has just been published, is a vital addition to every transport office. The Yearbook of Road Transport Law 2011 is designed to keep transport operators fully aware of all aspects of road transport legislation and other relevant areas, such as health and safety.
The 2011 Yearbook, written and compiled by FTA’s team of transport legislation experts, now includes:
- New information on conspicuity markings
- A revised section on mixed driving (driving under both EU and GB domestic drivers’ hours rules)
- Enhanced information on convictions that can be taken into consideration by Traffic Commissioners
- Details of how drivers can obtain a statement of Driver CPC periodic training from the Driving Standards Agency
- A new, enhanced table of operator licensing exemptions, including full definitions
- Details of the new concession to delay weekly rest for certain passenger operations
One free Yearbook is delivered to every FTA member during January. Additional copies are available from Shopfta on 08717 11 11 11, or 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.shop.fta.co.uk Prices, which have been held at 2010 levels, are £37.00 a copy for FTA members or £79.00 for non-members, with discounts for multiple orders. Please quote product code 4501.
To help drivers carry out their job safely, legally and professionally, FTA also publishes a newly updated Drivers’ Handbook and Van Drivers’ Handbook and the Dangerous Goods Drivers’ Handbook – details available from Shopfta.
FTA Press Office