Known Consignor (KC)
All staff with unescorted access to identifiable secure air cargo will require training to some degree. Exactly which staff receive which level or module is down to the specific company to decide based on their knowledge of the operation and the rules set in place by the CAA/DfT.
Who should attend?
There is an air cargo security training syllabus specifically for Known Consignors, this consists of 8 Modules. Modules 1–7 are for all staff handling or directly involved with air cargo shipments, with the additional Module 8 intended for the person taking responsibility for the secure process and acting as the contact point with the CAA/DfT.
Benefits of attending
- Ensure compliance with CAA/DfT Regulations.
Known Consignor – Level 1-7/8
- Module 1
- Aviation security – threat and mitigation
- The threat to aviation
- Aviation security – organisation and legislation
- Principles of the air cargo regime
- Module 2 – Prohibited Articles
- Recognition of explosives and incendiary devices
- Methods of concealment
- Module 3 – Protecting air cargo
- Module 4 – Responding to threat warnings and prohibited articles
- Module 5 – Making cargo secure
- Module 6 – Secure transportation
- Module 7 – The consignment security certificate
- Module 8 – The role of the Responsible Person
Course duration and prices
Known Consignor level 1–7 – Half day
- Member: £164 + VAT
- Non-member: £205 + VAT
Known Consignor level 1–8 – 1 day
- Member: £176 + VAT
- Non-member: £220 + VAT
- Price includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking
- This course is also available as an in-company option.
- For more information please email email@example.com or call 0371 711 2222