Known Consignor (KC) – eLearning
All staff with unescorted access to identifiable secure air cargo require training to some degree. There is a training syllabus specifically for Known Consignor and their drivers (Known Consignor Modules 1–7).
Exactly which staff receive which level or module is down to the specific company to decide based on their
knowledge of the operation and the rules set in place by the CAA/DfT.
Who should attend?
- This course is required under DfT regulations for those who work in the office or warehouse of a Known Consignor who have access to Secure Air Cargo.
- Drivers transporting consignments from the known consignor to a regulated agent are also required to have this training.
Benefits of doing these courses
- Staff understand their role and responsibilities in relation to keeping air cargo and mail secure.
- Meets DfT approval requirements.
- Modular structure.
- Avoids classroom time and costs.
- Easy to book and use.
- Can be completed in an hour and a half.
- Aviation security – threat and mitigation.
- The threat to aviation.
- Aviation security – organisation and legislation.
- Principles of the air cargo regime.
- Prohibited Articles.
- Recognition of explosives and incendiary devices.
- Methods of concealment.
- Protecting air cargo.
- Responding to threat warnings and prohibited articles.
- Making cargo secure.
- Secure transportation.
- The consignment security certificate.