Back to training
Driver CPC - Safe Urban Driving
Safe Urban Driving (SUD) is essential training for all commercial drivers operating HGVs regularly in the urban environment and where there are high volumes of vulnerable road users, such as cyclists and pedestrians.
SUD is a 1-day course that consists of 2 x 3.5 hour modules, 1 classroom-based module and 1 practical module where drivers can get on bikes for a cyclist’s view of the road.
Benefits of attending
- Drivers gain a better understanding of who vulnerable road users are and how we can make the roads safer for them
- Drivers gain knowledge of changing streetscape and urban environment for the commercial vehicle driver
- Drivers will learn defensive driving techniques
- Drivers will gain a good understanding of what it is like to be a vulnerable road user by being giving practical experience
- The changing streetscape and urban environment
- Vulnerable road users and sharing the road safely
- Defensive driving techniques and understanding vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
- Exchanging places, driver attitude and perception
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Hazard recognition: understanding the issues faced by vulnerable road users
1 day. Each module is conducted on the same day with up to 20 drivers participating in 2 groups of 10.
This course is ONLY available as an in-company option. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.