Back to training
Driver CPC - SAFEDrive
Leeds, Leamington Spa + 3 more
Being Safe and Fuel Efficient
Fuel efficient driving techniques can save 3 per cent of the annual fuel bill, however to achieve the saving we need to educate drivers in how to achieve this. This 1-day classroom theory course is aimed at all professional goods drivers but is also beneficial for driver trainers and fleet managers. It is designed to update drivers in the use of the technology and techniques required to drive safely whilst optimising fuel efficiency.
Benefits of attending
- Understand vehicle emissions and how a driver influences them
- Learn how to make telematics work for you and how it can be used to reduce emissions and optimise fuel usage
- Explore fuel efficient and safe driving techniques
- Understand your driving habits, and how you can change them for the better
- Climate change and air quality – the need for change
- Alternative fuels
- Telematics and its role in measuring the way you drive
- Safe driving techniques
- Optimising fuel consumption:
- characteristics of transmission
- technical characteristics and operation of safety controls
- making better use of speed and gears
- making use of vehicle inertia, using ways of slowing down and braking
- driving techniques to reduce fuel used
1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks).
Maximum 20 delegates depending on facilities.
- This price includes the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per 7-hour block (subject to change at the discretion of DVSA)
- Price includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking
This course is also available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.