Back to training
Driver CPC - Smart Motorways
Leamington Spa, Tunbridge Wells + 3 more
This course has been developed in partnership with Highways England, to support the logistics industry and engage with drivers on the benefits of using Smart motorway systems.
Congestion on the motorway and major road network in England costs an estimated £2 billion every year, with 25 per cent of this resulting from incidents. Smart motorways are a technology-driven approach to the use of our motorways.
One of the core aims of this course is to review and improve driving behaviour using defensive driving principles and compliance with motorway signs, signals, speed limits, red X markings and use of the hard shoulder.
Who should attend?
- Large goods vehicle drivers
- Light commercial vehicle drivers
Benefits of attending
- Increased driver awareness of UK Smart motorway systems and how they operate
- Engage with drivers to increase compliance in the use of Smart motorways
- Reduce the number of vehicle incidents and road delays
- Promote safer driving behaviour
- Improve road safety and driver knowledge
- Reduce vehicle incidents and delays
- Types of Smart motorway
- Design features of Smart motorways
- The technology and different signs and signals used on Smart motorways
- Driving behaviour
- Rating driving standards and evaluating road risk
- Personal factors affecting driver behaviour
- Road risks and how Smart motorways can improve safety
- The roles and responsibilities of Highways England and the Traffic Officers
- 1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks)
- Maximum 20 delegates depending on facilities
- Price includes the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per 7-hour block (subject to change at the discretion of DVSA)
- Price includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking