Back to training
Driver CPC - Vulnerable Road Users
Stirling, Leeds + 3 more
This classroom theory course is aimed at all professional drivers of goods and passenger vehicles. It will assist drivers in identifying the many types of vulnerable road users and also provide the tools to change perception and develop a responsible attitude towards these groups of road users.
Benefits of attending
- Increase driver understanding of the issues faced by vulnerable road users
- Improve driver attitudes to vulnerable road users
- Appreciate how and why all roads are changing to accommodate active travel
- Identify the most vulnerable road users and how they interact with traffic
- Share the roads safely with others through applying defensive driving techniques
- Know the use and limitations of supplementary vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
- The changing streetscape and the urban environment
- Who are the vulnerable road users?
- Vulnerable road users and sharing the road safely
- Road safety initiatives
- Vehicle checks
- Vehicle specification
- Driver awareness
- Hazard awareness
- Defensive driving techniques
- Actions in the event of an emergency incident
- Consequences of a fatality
1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks). Maximum 20 delegates depending on facilities.
- Price quoted includes the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per 7-hour block (subject to change at the discretion of DVSA).
- Includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking
- Course available to Consortium members
- This course is also available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22