Back to training
An Introduction to Exporting – Physical Goods
International markets offer huge opportunities for UK businesses. Finding and developing new markets for products is a hugely valuable avenue for expansion and in some sectors in particular, global demand for British brands and products makes international trade an excellent means of growth. Selling internationally is very complex but, as with most things, easy with help and appropriate training.
Live online examples are used to explain export procedures and how to complete export documentation. The course highlights commercial implications and why it is so important to understand these processes which will help towards successful and efficient global business.
Who should attend?
- People who may be new to exporting
- Experienced business people who may need to keep up with industry updates
Benefits of attending
- Understand what an export is – both direct and indirect
- Understand the role of the tariff code and the importance of correct classification
- Understand how to produce the necessary documentation for an international shipment and identify where to go for sources of information and assistance
- Use the most appropriate IncotermR for the shipment of your products
- Understand the basics of letters of credit
- Understand the role of customs and information required
- Untangle the complexities of the Rules of Origin, how to comply and benefit from them
- How to successfully process an export order
- How export documents and procedures can reduce costs and increase sales
- CPD Certified – 10 points
- 6 months free follow up support from the course tutor
- Tariff codes
- Export documentation
- Customs procedures
- Rules of Origin, how to comply and benefit from them