Back to training
Introduction to Road Transport Operations
Tunbridge Wells, Leamington Spa + 2 more
This 3-day course is designed for transport clerks, supervisors and first line managers with no formal transport training. It details the fundamentals of road transport legislation, as well as work-related road safety, workplace transport safety, road traffic regulations and competency standards required by transport professionals.
Who should attend?
- Those who are committing to their professional development as a transport professional to enhance skills and knowledge to progress in their transport career
- Restricted licence holders and transport professionals who do not require CPC holder status, but want to gain transport legislation knowledge to the latest standards
- Those preparing for the Level 3 Transport Manager CPC or entry route to Level 3 CV FMQ
Benefits of attending
- Promotes the confidence of front line staff by providing a basic understanding of relevant transport legislation
- Provides the information and tools to ensure compliance with current developments in road transport legislation
- Provides peace of mind that you are operating legally in compliance with the latest guidance from Traffic Commissioners
- Offers the opportunity to network with other industry professionals, sharing ideas and best practice
- Operator licensing system requirements
- Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) and enforcement issues
- Drivers’ hours and working time and record keeping
- Vehicle maintenance systems and driver defect reporting
- Driver licensing and Driver CPC
- Workplace transport safety
- Technical standards
- National and international haulage operations
- Rules surrounding the movement of goods
- Road safety
- Business and financial management
- 3 days
- In-company: maximum 16 delegates
Delegates will be required to complete an assessment. On successful completion, they will be issued with a certificate of achievement, which provides tangible evidence that attendees have taken positive steps to demonstrate their professionalism and continued development.
- Price includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking
- This course is also available as an in-company option
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.