Back to training
Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Air - Radioactive Materials
Those who solely ship radioactive dangerous goods need only attend the Radioactive Materials by Air course. The certificate will reflect that it only applies to radioactive shipments and is valid for two years.
For those involved with other classes of dangerous goods as well, it is necessary to hold both Dangerous Goods by Air and Radioactive Materials by Air certificates. To maintain approval it is necessary to attend and successfully pass both revalidation courses.
In order to maintain continuity of this qualification, it is necessary to revalidate before the expiry date shown on the certificate. Revalidation training can be completed up to 3 months in advance without effecting the original expiry date.
Who should attend?
- Those involved with shipping radioactive materials
Benefits of attending
- Satisfies legal responsibilities in respect of the carriage of dangerous goods
- Explanation of radioactivity
- Shipments forbidden by air
- Proper Shipping Names and UN Numbers
- Packagings, Transport Index and measurement of activity levels
- Package specifications and testing
- Package marking and labelling
- Shipper’s Declaration, Competent Authority Approvals, Air Waybill
- Handling (Separation from people and animals – Actions in the event of damage/leakage –Acceptance sheets)
- Exercises (including practice check sheets)
- CAA Validation Examination
- This price includes the Civil Aviation Authority certificate fee of £9 per student
- Price also includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking.