Back to training
Carriage of Lithium Batteries
The use of lithium batteries is becoming increasingly common, powering many everyday items, ranging from wheelchairs to power tools, as well as laptops and mobile phones. There have been a number of cargo security incidents which have been attributed to incorrectly shipped batteries. Please note that this course is specific to lithium batteries.
This course will enable students to have a thorough understanding of the relevant regulations, which includes how to apply the special provisions, marking and labelling the shipments, completing the relevant documentation as well has handling an emergency response and relevant reporting procedure.
Who should attend?
- Training is required by anyone who classifies Dangerous Goods for shipment, decides on packaging and labelling, prepares the Shipper’s documentation or completes acceptance checks prior to carriage as well as other operators who handle lithium batteries
Benefits of attending
- This course covers all modes of transportation
- Course fully approved by the CAA
- Introduction to the Regulations
- Applicability, responsibility – who needs to be trained
- State and Operator Variations
- Identification, Special Provisions
- Specification Package markings
- Marking and labelling
- Shippers declaration
- Includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking