Back to training
Online Air Cargo Security Training – Cargo Aviation Security Principles (CASP) and Cargo Operative (CO)
All staff with unescorted access to identifiable secure air cargo require training to some degree.
There is a training syllabus specifically for Regulated Agents and their drivers (referred to as Levels: Cargo Aviation Security Principles (CASP), Cargo Operative (CO). Exactly which staff receive which level or module is down to a company to decide, based on their knowledge of the operation and the rules set in place by the CAA/DfT.
Who should attend?
Cargo Aviation Security principles for Warehouse and General Staff – CASP
- This course is for those who work in the office or warehouse of a Regulated Agent, have access to Secure Air Cargo, and are required under Department for Transport (DfT) regulations to have general security awareness training
Cargo Aviation Security Principles for Drivers – CASP
- This course is for drivers of vehicles carrying Secure Air Cargo and covers the modules required by the DfT
Cargo Operative – CO
- For staff implementing security controls for air cargo or mail at a regulated site, specifically those working in the warehouse of a regulated agent.
Benefits of doing these courses
- The objective of the course are to ensure that all persons who have access to secure air cargo or mail understand their role and responsibilities in relation to keeping air cargo and mail secure
- Meets DfT approval requirements
- Modular structure
- Avoids classroom time and costs
- Easy to book and use
- Can be completed in 1.5 hours (CASP); 2.5 hours (CO)
CASP – modules 1 – 6 of the Regulated Agent training syllabus:
- Module 1 – The Threat to Aviation
- Module 2 – A viation Security – Organisation and Legislation
- Module 3 – Protecting Air Cargo – Warehouse
- Module 4 – Protecting Air Cargo – Drivers
- Module 5 – Protecting and Searching Aircraft
- Module 6 – Reacting to and Reporting of Suspicious Circumstances and Security Incidents
CO – Modules 1 – 6 above, plus:
- Module 7 – Security Controls for Air Cargo
- Module 8 – W arehouse Acceptance and Dispatch of Air Cargo
- Module 9 – Prohibited Articles
- Module 10 – Methods of Concealment
CASP: £35 + VAT.
CO: £77 + VAT.