Back to training
Categorisation of Defects (PSV)
This course is designed to equip and develop vehicle inspection technicians, workshop supervisors and engineering managers with the relevant information and skills to make informed decisions on vehicle defects.
Who should attend?
Workshop supervisory and vehicle maintenance staff responsible for preventative maintenance safety inspections (PMI) or annual test preparation.
Benefits of attending
In attending the course, the candidate will have increased knowledge of vehicle legislation, giving the requisite skills to correctly assess vehicle defects, boost confidence and make informed decisions on vehicle downtime and availability to lessen the risk of non-compliance.
- Brief overview of operator licensing
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and enforcement
- PG9 – paperwork associated with enforcement
- Categorisation of defects – immediate, delayed and inspection notice defects
- Decision making on vehicle serviceability
- 2 days
- Maximum 10 delegates
Contract and multiple booking discounts available.
This course is ONLY available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.