Back to training
Driver CPC - Vehicle Safety - PCV
This course provides PCV drivers with best practice guidance and encourages understanding of driver and operator responsibilities with regards to maintaining a vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition.
Benefits of attending
- Offers comprehensive guidance on how to conduct an effective vehicle walk around check
- Detailed awareness of PSV conduct regulations
- Gain a full appreciation of how compliance affects the operator licence obligations
- Improved OCRS scores
- The regulatory requirements in respect to key aspects of the vehicle and its passengers
- The procedure for carrying out checks
- Identifying key components to be checked
- Understanding check sheets, defect reports and their completion
- An appreciation of the principles of safe luggage loading/unloading and ‘carry on’ stowage
- The effect of inertia and motion on passenger safety and security
- Establishing an understanding of passenger safety requirements
- Understanding items and situations which may represent a risk to safety
- Appreciation of the rules regarding alcohol at sporting events
- Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) and fixed penalty systems
- The effect of non-compliance on the driver and operator licence
- 1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks)
- Maximum 20 delegates
This price includes the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per 7-hour block (subject to change at the discretion of DVSA).
This course is also available as an in-company option. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.