Back to training
Driver Walk Around and Defect Assessment (PSV)
This course ensures that drivers fully understand their responsibilities when carrying out walk around checks. It also helps delegates to identify defects, to ensure operator compliance and prevent possible prohibitions and on-the spot fines. Aimed primarily at drivers and supervisors, this course outlines the importance of conducting regular vehicle checks. PSV operations course is also available.
Who should attend?
- Drivers and supervisors
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining transport compliance standards across a team of professional drivers
Benefits of attending
- Reduce likelihood of roadside prohibition or prosecution
- Greater awareness of the impact that not checking a vehicle can have on the driver, organisation and the general public
- An understanding of where to go to find the right additional guidance on prohibitions and enforcement sanctions
- Why and how to conduct a walk around check on a vehicle
- Vehicle performance is monitored throughout the working day
- Potential defects and promptly reporting in writing
- Legal requirements regarding walk around checks
- The procedure for carrying out checks
- Components to be checked
- Completing defect reports
- The powers of enforcement and the consequences of non-compliance
The vehicle provided should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety. A safe area of the yard or warehouse should be designated for the training.
Half day. Maximum 6 delegates.
- Price includes tuition, course handouts and certification
- This course is ONLY available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22