Back to training
Driver CPC - First Aid - PCV
This course is designed to provide professional drivers with the skills and confidence to administer first aid in emergency situations while on the road. Drivers attending this course will also receive a three-year Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificate issued by the Association of First Aiders (AoFA). The dual certification is subject to passing a practical and a written assessment.
Benefits of attending
- First aid saves lives and this course will impart the required knowledge and practical skills necessary to respond to any given situation immediately, effectively and with confidence
- Imparts critical knowledge and enables delegates to effectively manage an emergency situation without fear or confusion
- Driver’s first aid kit:
- contents and use
- methods of avoiding cross infection
- Record keeping (incidents and accidents)
- Assessing the scene in order to react safely and effectively to emergency situations
- Administering first aid to casualties who:
- are unconscious
- need to be placed into the recovery position
- are wounded or bleeding
- have possible fractures
- are choking
- are suffering from shock
- have sustained scalds and burns require Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- 1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks)
- Maximum 12 delegates depending on facilities
This price includes the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) upload fee of currently £8.75 per 7-hour block (subject to change at the discretion of DVSA).
There is physical involvement required for the practical assessment of the first aid element of this course. This is a mandatory requirement. Delegates who are not willing or able to participate will still achieve the 7 hours DCPC upload but will not be able to achieve the AoFAQ Emergency First Aid at Work certificate.
This course is also available as an in-company basis. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.