This course is designed for drivers of all types of goods vehicles to assess their current driving practices and provide the relevant corrective training. An assessment is conducted over a designated route. Drivers must already hold the appropriate full category of licence entitlement to drive the vehicle. A full report is issued to the employer for each driver.
Who should attend?
- Drivers undergoing recruitment.
- Drivers subject to post-incident assessment.
- Drivers who are subject to disciplinary actions.
- Drivers undergoing periodic monitoring.
Benefits of attending
- Identity unsafe and inefficient driving practices in order to develop driver-centred remedial actions.
- Improve in fuel consumption.
- Reduce maintenance/collision costs.
- Improve company image.
- Licence checks.
- Vehicle checks.
- Coupling and uncoupling (if appropriate).
- Driving position and seat belt.
- Acceleration (including cruise control).
- Gear selection and use.
- Hazard perception and prioritisation.
- Use of speed (legal and appropriate).
- Road and weather conditions.
- Lane discipline and positioning.
- Use of mirrors, blind spots and signals.
- Overtaking/meeting oncoming traffic.
- Driver’s attitude.
- Half or full day depending on delegate numbers.
- Half day: up to 2 delegates: Members £604 + VAT / Non-members £755 + VAT
- Full day: up to 4 delegates: Members £787+VAT / Non-members £983.75+VAT
Contract prices available – contact FTA for further information. Price includes tuition, course handouts and full driving analysis and certification.
This course is ONLY available as an in-company option. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.