Back to training
This course is designed for drivers of all types of goods vehicles to assess their current driving practices and provide the relevant corrective training. An assessment is conducted over a designated route. Drivers must already hold the appropriate full category of licence entitlement to drive the vehicle. A full report is issued to the employer for each driver.
Who should attend?
- Drivers undergoing recruitment
- Drivers subject to post-incident assessment
- Drivers who are subject to disciplinary actions
- Drivers undergoing periodic monitoring
Benefits of attending
- Identity unsafe and inefficient driving practices in order to develop driver-centred remedial actions
- Improve in fuel consumption
- Reduce maintenance/collision costs
- Improve company image
- Licence checks
- Vehicle checks
- Coupling and uncoupling (if appropriate)
- Driving position and seat belt
- Acceleration (including cruise control)
- Gear selection and use
- Hazard perception and prioritisation
- Use of speed (legal and appropriate)
- Road and weather conditions
- Lane discipline and positioning
- Use of mirrors, blind spots and signals
- Overtaking/meeting oncoming traffic
- Driver’s attitude
- Vehicle sympathy/fuel economy
- Manoeuvring at slow speed
Half or full day depending on delegate numbers.
- Half day: up to 2 delegates - see listed prices
- Full day: up to 4 delegates: Members £749+VAT / Non-members £936.25+VAT
Contract prices available – contact FTA for further information. Price includes tuition, course handouts and full driving analysis and certification.
This course is ONLY available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.