Back to training
FTA Driver Assessor Certificate
This course focuses on the practical aspects of driver assessment and corrective training. It is an extremely cost-effective way of providing training throughout a company. Subsequent ‘in-house’ training will ensure that drivers are taught about safe and responsible conduct, giving consideration to fuel economy and other road users.
The course will train candidates to carry out driving assessments and provide corrective training for fleet, vans (LCV), HGV and PSV drivers. Candidates who successfully complete the course will be certified by FTA for 4 years, given a personalised ID card and FTA pin badge and provided access to the DriveASSESS website.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining driving standards across a team of professional drivers
- Lead drivers, driver trainers and assessors who wish to validate their skills by attaining industry-leading accreditation
- Aspiring driver assessors
Benefits of attending
- Train-the-Trainer format is a cost-effective way to cascade training and assessment across a driving team
- Identification of unsafe and inefficient driving practices to develop driver-centred remedial actions
- An increased understanding of the technical and psychological aspects of driver assessment
- Assessors will be better equipped to provide constructive feedback to drivers
- Licence, eyesight and vehicle checks
- Assessment routes
- Driving assessment reports
- Conducting assessments
- Practical driving techniques
- Commentary driving
- Instructional techniques
- Dealing with negative driver skills and behaviours
Course duration and prices
- 3 days for 1 delegate: Members: £1,977 + VAT / Non-members: £2,471.25 + VAT
- 5 days for 2 delegates (vehicle type permitting): Members: £3.595 + VAT / Non-members: £4,493.75 + VAT
What is Drive-ASSESS?
DriveASSESS is the new, dedicated driver assessor website. It is available to all FTA qualified driver assessors, providing access to useful materials and information, such as electronic assessments, industry news/updates, and somewhere for assessors to keep their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) records up-to-date.
What category of vehicle should I provide for the training?
FTA is only able to train assessors for the licence category of vehicle that they will subsequently assess their own drivers in. This means that the vehicle made available should be B (≤ 3.5t GVW); C1 (3.5t-7.5t GVW); C (any rigid goods vehicle) or C+E (articulated). The vehicle provided should be compliant with all aspects of transport legislation.
New for 2018
- As part of their Driver Assessor Certificate, all driver assessors completing the course can now achieve a Level 3 Driver Assessor Award from iCQ Qualifications
- This is an optional add on with an additional cost of £200, but does give all driver assessors the opportunity to gain a nationally-recognised qualification alongside their FTA accredited training certificate
- If you would like to add this option to your course, then please let us know at the point of booking
This course is ONLY available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.