Back to training
HGV Inspection Standards & Procedures
Bellshill, Middlewich + 1 more
This course is designed to equip and develop vehicle inspection technicians, workshop supervisors and engineering managers with the relevant information and skills to raise vehicle inspection standards.
The course also gives the required knowledge to candidates wishing to undertake the irtec Licence underpinning knowledge test and practical assessment.
Who should attend?
Vehicle maintenance staff responsible for preventative maintenance safety inspections (PMI) or annual test preparation. The course focuses on the importance of maintaining vehicles and the responsibilities of the operator and inspectors alike.
Benefits of attending
In attending the course, the candidate will have increased knowledge of vehicle legislation giving the required skills to correctly assess vehicle defects, boost confidence and thus allow informed decisions on defecting components which lessens premature replacement.
- Assessment of delegates’ base knowledge
- Overview of operator licensing
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and enforcement, an overview of the enforcement prohibition system, Traffic Commissioners and the OCRS system
- The responsibilities of maintenance staff, drivers and operators as per the DVSA Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness
- PG9 – paperwork associated with enforcement
- The DVSA Inspection Manual
- Braking systems exercise and rolling road brake testing exercise (optional) if equipment available
- Inspection procedure (theory)
- Inspection procedure: a practical demonstration on vehicle inspection technique which is fundamental for candidates wishing to follow the irtec licensing route
- 3 days. Maximum 6 delegates
- Contract and multiple booking discounts available
This course is also available as an in-company option. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.