Back to training
irtec Licence - Technical Staff Competency Assessments
The irtec Licence is a qualification developed for vehicle technicians in the HGV, PCV and trailer sectors. It is a nationally recognised certificate which demonstrates to any employer in the road transport industry that an inspection technician has reached a required standard to undertake vehicle inspections.
Technicians take an online test to assess their irtec Licence underpinning knowledge. If successful, the candidate progresses to a practical skills test on their individual inspection technique. If the candidate passes both tests, they are awarded the irtec Licence and are registered on the IRTE irtec register, for the duration of 5 years.
A requirement of both technical and irtec licensing is that the candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of servicing and inspection, and on relevant vehicles to which the licence relates.
FTA can manage all aspects of the irtec licensing scheme from registration with the IMI to supplying the required IT systems for performing the online underpinning test.
- Part 1 is an online knowledge test
- Part 2 is a practical inspection assessment
- FTA will provide laptops for the online test (Wi-Fi connection and suitable assessment space required)
- The practical test is undertaken within your workshop using a suitable vehicle. Vehicles Inspected must be London LEZ compliant (i.e. modern vehicle – ideally Euro V1)
- All customer locations must comply fully with health and safety regulations
1 day. Maximum delegates – 2 per day (3 if it is a trailer inspection assessment.)
This course is ONLY available as an in-company option. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.