Van Excellence - LCV Inspection Procedures and Standards
This course is designed to equip and develop vehicle inspection technicians, workshop supervisors and engineering managers with the relevant information and skills to raise light commercial vehicle (LCV) inspection standards.
The course also gives an insight into the knowledge requirements for candidates wishing to undertake the irtec light inspection Licence, underpinning knowledge test and practical assessment.
Who should attend?
Vehicle maintenance staff responsible for preventative maintenance safety inspections or annual MOT preparation. The course focuses on the importance of maintaining vehicles and the responsibilities of the LCV operator and light commercial vehicle inspectors alike.
Benefits of attending
In attending the course the candidate will have increased knowledge of LCV legislation giving them the required skills to correctly assess LCV vehicle defects, boost confidence and thus allow informed decisions on defecting components which lessens premature replacement.
- Assessment of delegates’ base knowledge
- Overview of legislation surrounding the operation, inspection and testing of light commercial vehicles
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and enforcement, an overview of the enforcement prohibition system
- The responsibilities of maintenance staff, drivers and operators as per the DVSA Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness
- Prohibition paperwork associated with enforcement
- The DVSA LCV Inspection Manual
- Inspection procedure (theory)
- Inspection procedure (practical): a practical demonstration on LCV inspection technique which is fundamental for candidates wishing to follow the irtec Light licensing route
2 days. Maximum 6 delegates.
Price on application
To register your interest email email@example.com
This course is ONLY available on an in-company basis. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.