Back to training
Roadworthiness Standards Update Workshop
Leamington Spa, Stirling + 2 more
The aim of this half-day workshop is to provide industry with a summary of the new roadworthiness standards to achieve compliance with the new Directive which comes into effect in Scotland, England and Wales on 20th May 2018.
The European Commission set out a 'zero-vision' objective to reduce fatalities in road transport. With a view to attaining that goal, they produced a series of strategic objectives and actions for safer vehicles and to improve the safety of vulnerable road users.
The objective of the new standards is to ensure vehicles are kept in a safe and environmentally acceptable condition during their use. This includes periodic roadworthiness testing and technical roadside inspection of vehicles used for commercial road transport activities, as well as allowing for the suspension of a vehicle to be used where the vehicle constitutes an immediate risk to road safety.
Who should attend?
- Workshop Managers
- Fleet Managers
- Vehicle Inspection Staff
Benefits of attendance
- Update knowledge on testing standards
- Demonstrate compliance at annual test
- Reduce possibility of costly test failures
- Reduce the possibility of increased OCRS scoring
- Refreshments included
1. Aims of the Directive
2. An overview of the DVSA Inspection Manual (PSV/HGV) to ensure compliance with the new testing standards, including those relating to:
- Vehicle types affected
- Interpretation of terms
- Categories of deficiency
- Manual format
- Overview of most significant changes, including new test content (HGV and PSV)
To find out more about the changes to the testing standards implemented by the Directive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22* to book your place.