Safety of Loads on Vehicles
This course is practical and classroom-based. It is aimed at drivers and loaders of goods vehicles. It provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to deal with basic load configurations in a safe and efficient manner.
Who should attend?
- Loading/unloading operatives such as warehouse and yard teams.
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining health and safety standards across a team of professional drivers.
Benefits of attending
- Reduce likelihood of roadside prosecution.
- Reduce damage to vehicles and stock.
- Awareness of the risks caused by working at height.
- An understanding of where to go to find the right guidance for unique and unusual load types.
- Greater awareness of the impact poor loading can have on the driver and general public.
- Legislative requirements.
- Consequence of non-compliance.
- Role of the operator, loader and driver.
- Load restraint – types of restraint systems and anchorage points.
- Load distribution.
- Vehicle weight and overloading – types of vehicle weights.
- Safe working practices: loading and unloading.
- Working at height.
The vehicle provided must meet the required standards in respect of PUWER: it should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety. A safe area of the yard or warehouse should be designated for the training.
- On successful completion of this course an FTA certificate of attendance will be issued to all delegates.
- 1 day.
- Maximum 8 delegates.
This course is only available on an in-company basis. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.