Back to training
Safety of Loads on Vehicles
This course is practical and classroom-based. It is aimed at drivers and loaders of goods vehicles. It provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to deal with basic load configurations in a safe and efficient manner.
Who should attend?
- Loading/unloading operatives such as warehouse and yard teams
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining health and safety standards across a team of professional drivers
Benefits of attending
- Reduce likelihood of roadside prosecution
- Reduce damage to vehicles and stock
- Awareness of the risks caused by working at height
- An understanding of where to go to find the right guidance for unique and unusual load types
- Greater awareness of the impact poor loading can have on the driver and general public
- Legislative requirements
- Consequence of non-compliance
- Role of the operator, loader and driver
- Load restraint – types of restraint systems and anchorage points
- Load distribution
- Vehicle weight and overloading – types of vehicle weights
- Safe working practices: loading and unloading
- Working at height
The vehicle provided must meet the required standards in respect of PUWER: it should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety. A safe area of the yard or warehouse should be designated for the training.
On successful completion of this course an FTA certificate of attendance will be issued to all delegates.
1 day. Maximum 8 delegates.
This course is ONLY available on an in-company basis. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22.