Yard Shunter – Train the Trainer
This course provides the necessary information for those responsible for training others in manoeuvring HGVs around company premises and other ‘off-road’ parking areas (ie closed to the public). It is a cost-effective way of cascading training through a company and is an important workplace safety intervention.
Who should attend?
- Lead drivers responsible for training shunting staff. Delegates on this course must hold the category of licence for the type of vehicle they are to ultimately provide training in.
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining driving standards across a team of professional drivers.
Benefits of attending
- Improve awareness of risks unique to depot environments
- Increase safety by understanding the correct coupling/ uncoupling procedures.
- Provides instruction on how to give training in the following.
- Vehicle familiarisation and pre-use inspections.
- Correct coupling and uncoupling of articulated/drawbar combinations (to be stated at the time of booking).
- Hand signals to be used for assisting other drivers to manoeuvre vehicles.
- Practice manoeuvring the vehicles onto loading bays or parking area.
- Safe parking procedures.
- Health and safety.
The vehicle provided must meet the required standards in respect of PUWER: it should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety. A safe area of the yard should be designated for the training.
- 1 day.
- Maximum 2 delegates.
Price includes tuition, course handouts and certification. It also includes all presentation materials required to cascade training throughout own organisation.
It is recommended that this type of training is revalidated at least every 4 years. The decision on frequency should be based on regular workplace risk assessment.
This course is only available on an in-company basis. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.