Back to training
Yard Shunter – Train the Trainer
This course provides the necessary information for those responsible for training others in manoeuvring HGVs around company premises and other ‘off-road’ parking areas (i.e. closed to the public). It is a cost-effective way of cascading training through a company and is an important workplace safety intervention.
Who should attend?
- Lead drivers responsible for training shunting staff
- Delegates on this course must hold the category of licence for the type of vehicle they are to ultimately provide training in
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining driving standards across a team of professional drivers
Benefits of attending
- Improve awareness of risks unique to depot environments
- Increase safety by understanding the correct coupling/uncoupling procedures
Provides instruction on how to give training in the following.
- Vehicle familiarisation and pre-use inspections
- Correct coupling and uncoupling of articulated/drawbar combinations (to be stated at the time of booking)
- Hand signals to be used for assisting other drivers to manoeuvre vehicles
- Practice manoeuvring the vehicles onto loading bays or parking areas
- Safe parking procedures
- Health and safety
The vehicle provided must meet the required standards in respect of PUWER: it should be suitable for the intended purpose and adequately maintained to ensure safety. A safe area of the yard should be designated for the training.
1 day. Maximum 2 delegates.
- Price includes tuition, course handouts and certification. It also includes all presentation materials required to cascade training throughout own organisation
- It is recommended that this type of training is revalidated at least every 4 years. The decision on frequency should be based on regular workplace risk assessment
This course is ONLY available on an in-company basis. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03717 11 22 22*.