Back to training
Van Excellence – 2 Wheels Aware
Our half or full day 2 Wheels Aware course is designed to make driving safer. The course focuses on how, where and why cyclists ride on the roads, giving a better understanding of cyclist behaviour, rights and what to look out for when driving.
By the end of the course drivers understand the movement of cyclists and minimise the risks when sharing the roads. It equips drivers with the skills to deal with today’s roads and makes them more able to share those spaces safely with vulnerable road users.
Who should attend?
- This course is aimed at people who drive as part of their work, such as:
- delivery drivers
- commercial van drivers
- drivers of smaller lorries
- emergency services vehicles
- Why cycle?
- Drivers’ experiences
- Sharing the road: on-road scenarios covering common hazards for cyclists and how to avoid them – parked cars, visibility at junctions, roundabouts and complex road situation (including cycle facilities such as cycle lanes)
- Collision avoidance and defensive driving/riding
- Understanding other road users
- Introduction to active travel including some elements of the National Cycle Training Standards (depending on drivers’ ability and experience)
- Issues faced by vulnerable road users
Drivers receive an on-road cycle taster session. This helps drivers to empathise with vulnerable road users in a real-life traffic situation whilst under the supervision of a professional cycle instructor.
An FTA Certificate of Excellence will be issued to all delegates on successful completion of the course.
- Half day - see listed price
- Full day £1,150+VAT (2 half day sessions)
Course duration is either half or full day including practical cycling session or theory-only module.
This course is ONLY available on an in-company basis. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.