Van Excellence – Driver Certificate of Competence
The single largest influence on road safety is the driver. Raising training standards mitigates the risks created by non-compliant drivers. Evaluating training by assessment demonstrates that knowledge has been received and understood.
The Van Excellence Driver Certificate of Competence has been developed in conjunction with Van Excellence Accredited Operators, with 2 principal aims: to address work-related road risk and create a learning pathway for driver development.
- Supports best practice systems and procedures within an organisation
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to risk management
- Supports recruitment, retention and engagement
- Aligns with Driver CPC syllabus for operators running HGV and LCV fleets
Benefits of attending
- The knowledge attained will help drivers comply with the law and protect their driving licence
- Provides evidence of career path and achievements
- Portable and demonstrable knowledge
- Standard content
- Fitness to drive
- Driver ambassador
- Pre-use vehicle checks
- Load security and overloading
- Rules of the road
- Other road users
- Safe and green driving
- Collisions and breakdowns
Training and assessment format
FTA produced materials are designed to be modular. This enables the full course to be split over a number of sessions or delivered in a single day. Each part is designed to be 30 minutes to 1 hour in duration. Alternatively, any relevant training materials can be used to prepare delegates for the assessment. The assessment is 30 multiple choice questions.
Flexible delivery options
Training can be split into tool box talks or delivered as a Driver CPC approved (full day option).
How do I become an Assessment Partner?
- Register your interest in the scheme at email@example.com
- Receive and complete the application requirements
- Pay the application fee: this includes an annual licence and access to the training and assessment materials
- Internal staff become approved to invigilate assessments
- Obtain the training and assessment materials via our dedicated website
Van Excellence Driver Certificate of Competence
- Centre approval £795+VAT pa
- Assessment fee £19+VAT per driver
FTA Train-the-Trainer course* £1,195+VAT per course
Maximum: 6 delegates.
*If you are looking to send your drivers on a public version of the course rather than becoming an Assessment Partner then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org